Recipe: Healthy creamy Mexican kale salad
Hearty vegetables tossed with a tangy cumin flavoured dressing: perfect for spring / summer days. With 10g fibre per serving it is sure to fill you up.
- 4 cups baby or full-grown kale (stalks removed & coarsely chopped), packed
- 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (thaw if using frozen)
- 2 large bell peppers (any colour), finely chopped
- 1 + 1/2 large avocado, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers, seeded & minced
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add Salad ingredients to a large bowl. In a food processor, blender or Magic Bullet, process Dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
P.S. You could prepare Salad and Dressing in advance and combine before serving. The Dressing does go a little brown but once mixed with the Salad, it’s not noticeable.