Recipe: Spicy pesto chicken pasta
This is a recipe we have tried a couple of times, it makes a beautifully simple filling dinner, or with a smaller portion, I have also used it as a lunch, on days when I have a busy class filled afternoon / evening.
- 500g uncooked farfalle (bowtie), or any small pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli paste
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2cm pieces
- 6 tablespoons pre-made basil pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the saucepan then cook for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Mix in the chilli paste and chicken. Cook and stir chicken 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Toss the cooked farfalle, pesto, Parmesan cheese and coriander into the frying pan and continue cooking just until heated through.