When seeking exciting things to do with quinoa, here’s another recipe I found. Such a versatile ingredient, savoury or sweet! I’d be inclined to switch out the brown sugar for honey if you’re looking to cut calories.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- Honey, to serve
Combine quinoa and 4 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in milk, apricot and cranberries. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir in sugar. Spoon porridge into bowls. Sprinkle with pistachios. Drizzle with honey. Serve.