Wild outside? Exercise you can do inside
It’s been a bit wild round here lately. Only the mad, bad, or totally insane have been outside training. (I did see a cyclist out the other day who was bordering on completely insane!) so what exercise can you still do inside?
Here’s a few for you to choose from. Or, do them all!
- Indoor cycling. Stick it in front of the TV, or hook up to spotify and cycle to some of my spin class mixes. Even better: look up and purchase a few of the Sufferfest!
- 3-5 mins of Skipping. It’s harder than you think. I remembered it being real simple as a kid! Try double jumps, speed skipping, cross hands.
- 2-3 mins of Step ups or box jumps. If you have something safe that about seat height, that’s perfect. Step up, or two foot jump ups and step down. 2-3 mins and you will know about it!
- 20 Tricep dips off the edge of a chair / table.
- 30 Commando burpees (include a press up!)
- 20 prisoner get ups. (From lying down to standing with your hands on your head throughout.
- 20 V ups. Fron lying on your back, lift arms and torso plus legs, so they all meet at the top.
- 30 deep squats. Deep enough so your legs bend beyond 90 degrees. Keep knees behind toes
- Russian twists. Get an object (such as a bag of sugar). Sit slightly leaning back, legs up off floor. Put your object down at waist level in each side of you. L+R = 1
- 30 stair climbs
- 30 plank to press ups. From elbows up onto hands and back.
- 30 full burpees
- 30 tuck jumps
- 1-3 mins Plank hold
- 40 high impact star jumps (no jump in between)
I’d love to know if anyone managed the whole lot in succession!