Recipe: Monkfish pasta bake
I made this up the other day, because I had fish to use up and wanted to do something slightly different with it. All amounts are approximate because I didn’t actually measure anything at the time! It tasted really yum, so I’ve written it down and I will more than likely make it again. Enjoy.
- 1 large monkfish fillet (Any white fish will do as a substitute)
- 120g pasta (I used fettuccini)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan to top
- Put the fish in an oven dish. Season and top with mixed herbs. Cover and bake for 45 mins at 180c until it flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, part boil the pasta, drain and set aside.
- Mix the tinned tomatoes and herbs together. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Drain and flake the fish, adding to the mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place mixture in an oven dish. Top with grated Parmesan (enough to lightly cover the top)
- Bake in the oven (180c) for 30-40 mins until well browned on top.