A few months ago I decided to make a bold move. I quit my lifelong career of teaching and took a part time low paid job – freeing me up to qualify myself as a spots coach and personal trainer. It wasn’t an easy decision, not because I wasn’t sure, but because it was so huge and life impacting.
I was stepping out of my safety bubble.
I think I need to write myself a list to remind me of all the positives that I have created. Lists are good because the words are there before you in black and white.
So, here’s my list of positives that have come of my huge change.
- More time to myself
- Afternoons off
- Don’t work Fridays
- Time for training without it impacting on family time
- Time to do other activities if I chose to, e.g. Tramping
- Able to study things that interest me
- A lot lot less work related stress
- Can get to the shops / pool / gym when other people are still at work!
- Can choose off peak holidays if I want to
I look at that list and think: life ain’t that bad really, is it? You cannot get time back once it has gone, so we might as well spend it doing something we want to do.