1 kg chicken thighs, skinless, boneless and cut into chunks, 3 x 7cm
1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp lemon pepper
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-3cm chunks
1 large leek, sliced
1 cup courgettes, cut into 1cm pieces
1 cup button mushrooms
1 cup celery, sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp white wine
3-4 tbsp Bisto light brown gravy mix
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1. Mix the first seven ingredients together and marinate for 15 minutes a bowl.
2. Place the vegetables in the order given into the Crock-Pot. Place the chicken and the marinade on top.
3. Add the thyme, stock and white wine.
4. Season, place lid on Crock-Pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
5. After six hours place 1/2 cup liquid from Crock-Pot in a small bowl and mix in Bisto and cumin.
6. Combine this to make a paste, add to casserole, mix thoroughly. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Serve accompanied with hearty hunks of crusty bread.