Time for a change: for me that is!
Its been a tough few months for me, work wise. Its fair to say the work / life balance is a little off. I have been feeling rather ‘not my self’ and have decided enough is enough. I need to instigate a change and get the balance back.
So here is what I have done so far:
- Vitamin D tablets. Its winter here, we are close to the pole so the sun is low. Someone asked had I thought about Vit D and I hadn’t so I went and got some.
- TIME for exercise. I always considered a 90 min bike ride or a 1 hour swim a usual session. I don’t have that sort of time, but like I always say to my clients, ANYTHING is better than nothing, so that is my new aim. Fit SOMETHING in, it is better than nothing.
- ME TIME. There are many places to walk here, even after dark. I live in a beautiful country, and there’s plenty of it around me. So, I am aiming to, even if its only for 15 – 20 mins, go for a stroll after work a couple of times a week.
- DIET. Less time promotes junk eating, on the hop. This needs to stop. So, I am back onto my OWN healthy eating plan. To be honest, I am not sure why I was ever off it, and if my mum was still here she would be shouting at me right now!
- OIL FOR THE BURNER. I have dug out my oil burner and started it back up. I got some lavender oil this weekend to start me off, it has relaxation properties, as does my chamomile green tea!
- STRIKE A BALANCE. Work is not what I am, it is what I do. I am doing my best to rectify this one too.
Recognise any of these in yourself? Perhaps its is also time for a change for you too?