I made this sauce up myself, as a result of wanting to NOT buy the silly shop bought sauce which is full of sugar and all sorts of additives.
- ½ onion, diced
- 3-4 small mushrooms chopped roughly
- 1 tim chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1tbsp dried chopped basil
- 1/2tbsp dried chopped thyme
- 1 Bay leaf (optional)
- 1/2tbsp Olive oil
- Place a saucepan on a medium heat. Drizzle the olive oil in the saucepan, and fry the onion till it begins to soften. Add the mushrooms and fry till the onion begins to brown. Add a drop of water if the pan becomes dry.
- Add the tomato puree and stir through for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Stir thoroughly and add the bayleaf (optional). Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or so, or until you are ready to serve.