This is a recipe that I created myself, with the help of a combination of other recipes. It was based on what left overs I had in my cupboard.
I made the pastry myself – a simple thing to do, let me know I you need the short crust pastry recipe too.
1 medium pie dish
225g short crust pastry
Butter for cooking
30g bacon chopped
300ml veg or chicken stock
1 medium sweet potato chopped into chunks
1 medium leek, chopped finely
140g cheese, grated
Egg for glazing
1) Preheat the oven to 180c. Boil the sweet potato and set aside. Fry the bacon in a knob of butter until slightly Browned. Remove and fry the leeks in the same pan.
2) Mix all the cooked veg together with the stock, a good sprinkling I thyme and mixed herbs. Stir in along with the cheese.
3) Place the ingredients in the base of your pie dish.
4) Roll out the short crust pastry. Glaze the edges of the dish with egg, then lay over the pie dish, sealing at the edges by pinching.
5) Brush the pie top with egg, then place in the oven and cool for approximately 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown.