Recipe: Roasted vegetable salad with Orzo
This is a fabulous salad for using a mixture of vegetables. The Orzo gives an interesting texture and turns it from a side to a meal. Garnish with your favourite nuts and seeds, feta, and a few herbs for freshness.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp for dressing
- 1 tsp cajun spice or all purpose seasoning
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 coloured peppers,l de-seeded and diced
- 1 small eggplnat, chunky, diced
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into florrets
- 1/4 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, etc)
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- preheat the oven to 180C. cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Toss the cut vegetables in the oil and season. Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes until caramelised and tender.
- Combine the veggies and the orzo. dress with lemon juice combined with olive oil.
- Serve in bowls, topped with crumbled feta, nuts, seeds and parsley.
* If the orzo sticks together, just refresh under warm water, or toss with a tablespoon of oil – this will separate the grains.