This is a simple little recipe that I found locally. OK, in moderation, well, everything is, right?
- 375g pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- 120g parmesan
- 1 tspn dried red chillies
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Grease two large baking trays.
- Unroll the pastry, place it on a lightly floured surface and brush with egg.
- Grate over half the parmesan, sprinkle with the chillies and season with salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture into the pastry with the back of a wooden spoon, then carefully turn it over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Cut the pastry into 2cm strips and twist each one in opposite directions at each end.
- Place the twisted straws onto the baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown