I saw this in the Daily Mail and it made me think about all the issues we now have with social networks. Are they a good thing?
Teachers think they are the bane of their life: kids are confused because there seems to be no rules from which they can follow, and we hear about people getting in trouble all over the place.
There’s a few thoughts that I have on the whole subject:
- No, you cannot say what you like on social networks, even if you think that you are anonymous.
- No, it is not completely safe, you need to be aware of the personal information that you are putting out there, opening a whole new avenue for a new style of savvy criminal.
- Children are more at risk, as people can hide behind all sorts of personas
- yes, there can be good things about social networks, for example staying in contact with friends around the world, but you also have to be wise, and safe
- Unless you have met someone face to face, you cannot really say they are a ‘friend’.
What do you think? Would love to hear your thoughts too!